- Sector:Water & Utilities
- Client:Yorkshire Water
- Location:Clifton, Yorkshire
BarhaleEnpure JV were engaged by Yorkshire Water to deliver the construction elements of a new Integrated Wetlands treatment works in Clifton. This nature-based solution has been a first for Yorkshire Water and provides a blueprint for sustainable wastewater treatment across the industry.
The team worked closely with the design and delivery partners to develop the wetlands solution into a workable outcome.
The final constructed solution comprised:
• 5 no treatment cells (settlement ponds and shallow marshes)
• New scum board in the existing primary tank
• Inlet and outlet flow metre chambers to enable
analysis of the flow for the Environment Agency
• Outfall point, a precast concrete unit to take flows into Kearsley Beck
• 430m of post and rail fencing, to be in keeping with the area
• Additionally, the team undertook a 12 week sampling
programme which was extended by 40 weeks to analyse
the performance of the wetlands over a longer period