Barhale finalist in New Civil Engineer Tunnelling Awards 201729th August 2017
Barhale’s Didcot Foul Water Sewer Project has been selected as a finalist in the Specialist Tunnelling Project of the Year category of the 2017 Tunnelling Awards, making the shortlist among a fantastic number of entrants.
The Tunnelling Awards are celebrating their eighth year, and the awards are a celebration of the very best Tunnelling expertise.
The judging panel is packed with business leaders representing clients and consultants including:
- Paul McCracken, strategic development director, BAM Nuttall
- Rob McCrae, technical director- infrastructure, Atkins
- Mark Leggett, chairman, BTS
- Peter Shipley, programme director, Tideway
- Colin Sims, professional head of mining and tunnels, safety, technical & engineering directorate, Network Rail
- Rand Watkins, principal project engineer, future stations programme, London Underground
New Civil Engineer Editor Mark Hansford commented:
“The breadth and depth of excellence in the global tunnelling industry has once again been demonstrated in this year’s awards. This year’s awards finalists are leading the way: improving safety and driving innovation and efficiency. These are great teams delivering great projects.”
The winners will be announced on 7 December at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London and guests will join key clients including London Underground, Crossrail, High Speed 2 and Tideway.
The full list of finalists and more information can be found at: