99% waste diverted from landfill in August15th September 2016
Not only has Barhale as a whole had 99% of all waste diverted from Landfill in August, but our Scottish Region achieved 100% of all waste being diverted from landfill!
- If everyone recycled one more toilet roll tube, it would save enough cardboard inner tubes from landfill to go round the M25 38 times
- It would save £98,000 in landfill costs if every UK household threw their next empty toothpaste box in to the recycling bin
- It would save £135,000 in landfill costs if every UK household threw their next empty shampoo bottle in to the recycling bin
- If every person in the UK recycled one more deodorant can, it would save the same weight as 3 Angel of the North’s going into landfill.
- If every UK household recycled one more plastic yoghurt pot, it would save the same weight as 5½
- London Underground carriages going into landfill
- Recycling one hand soap dispenser every month for a year saves enough energy to bake yourself a birthday cake and a christmas cake.
- Recycling one bleach bottle saves enough energy power a street light for 6½ hours
- Recycling one shower gel bottle saves enough energy to toast nearly 3 rounds of bread
- Recycling one shampoo bottle saves enough energy to toast 4½ rounds of bread
- Recycling one fruit punnet saves enough energy to juice for 6½ minutes