Barhale’s roots are in tunnelling; our founder and chairman started his working life as a tunneller and as a result we have been providing leading edge, innovative and safe tunnelling solutions to our clients for 40 years. Barhale is an industry leader in micro-tunnelling, shaft sinking and all forms of underground construction, including:
- Micro Tunnelling, Tunnel Boring (through TBM), Spray Concrete Lining and Traditional Hand Dig Systems
- Scoping, feasibility, lifetime design and cost evaluation
- Tunnel re-lining and refurbishment
- Structural re-lining, using a high performance 100yr+ design life system
- Tunnel surveying and structural analysis
- Guided Augers
- Directional Drilling
- Underpinning and caisson-jacked shafts
We provide a fully integrated service, covering all aspects and methods of tunnel installation, including utilising our own tunnelling equipment. We own and operate a fleet of Iseki and Ackerman Tunnelling machines. We provide technical assurance and expertise through our in-house engineers and specialists, guaranteeing successful project delivery through careful planning and well-managed processes.
We regularly share best practice and innovation with the wider industry through organisations such as; the UKSTT (United Kingdom Society for Trenchless Technology), the BTS (British Tunnelling Society) and the PJA (Pipe Jacking Association). Barhale have driven numerous advances in the tunnelling sector, many of which have been embedded into industry guidance and best practice documentation.