COVID-19 Statement17th December 2021
As one of the UK’s leading civil engineering businesses, we have been at the forefront of efforts to maintain the UK’s national infrastructure. Since the start of the COVID-19 situation, our teams have been designated key workers and across the country they have been undertaking critical work on projects which keep the power on, the water flowing and toilets flushing.
We would like to thank all our employees for their continuing hard work to maintain the resilience of our national infrastructure during this difficult time.
At all times, the health and wellbeing of our people, their families and the general public is our top priority.
To that end, we have both carefully followed government advice and kept up our enhanced measures. We have established a best practice model, which has been implemented on all sites since its inception to ensure that we safeguard health and safety.
In line with the recent announcement of the UK Government’s Plan B, we will be maintaining the following measures:
- Social Distancing Marshals ensure guidance is being adhered to
- Additional PPE, including for close proximity working where team members are not able to maintain 2m distance
- Increased hygiene initiatives, such as additional hand washing stations
- Temperature readings for employees on arrival to site
- Deep cleaning, rigorous self-isolation and testing of team members where an employee has tested positive, testament to our workforce’s caring and responsible attitude
- Encouraging regular and sensible use of lateral flow tests
- Clear internal reporting of close contacts and cases, as well as ensuring our people adhere to government isolation guidelines
Additionally, we are encouraging employees to work from home where suitable and they are able to do so effectively. We will also be keeping our offices open and safe with sufficient protection measures in place for those who are unable to work from home.
Moving forward, we will continue to safeguard our employees, working in line with government advice and continually risk assessing to guarantee that we put the safety and wellbeing of our staff first. We are also encouraging the uptake of vaccinations and booster doses, ensuring that we facilitate appointments as far as possible. Maintaining the above protocols throughout the business remains as important as ever to safeguard the health of our people and the public.
In the meantime, our thanks to all those we work with, whether it be our enabling and delivery teams, clients, partners, suppliers or any other colleagues across the sector and our best wishes to everyone to stay safe and healthy.
We will continue to share information as things progress, here, on the Barhale website and across our social media channels.